Site Map - S & N Labs
Chemical Analysis and Laboratory Testing Solutions
- S & N Labs offers complete material identification capabilities whether it is related to purity issues or the need to identify an active ingredient or problematic impurity.
- Complete purity testing services for food, pharmaceuticals, beverages, plastics and more
- For determination of a product's components, deformulation can be used to see if a competitor is infringing on your patent or you need to determine the percentage of an active ingredient in product supplied to you
- When a product fails to perform as expected, the cause can be from contamination, external sources or mechanical breakdown in either the design, manufacturing or usage. S&N Labs offers complete failure analysis for a wide variety of products
Medical Product Testing
- S&N Labs has experience in testing a variety of medical products including catheters, ocular implants, heart valves, stents, synthetic joints and cosmetic implants
- Offering complete and unbias scientific testing for both criminal and civil cases.
Laboratory Testing Services
Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FT-IR)
- FT-IR operates by determining how a material interacts with infrared light. Since different types of bonds vibrate at different frequencies, we can determine the identity of many materials by looking at the patterns of infrared absorbances. Applications include plastics, paint and drugs.
Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM-EDX)
- SEM-EDX is a combination of two approaches to analysis. A scanning electron microscope (SEM) uses an electron beam to view a sample, compared to a normal microscope that uses light. Energy dispersive x-ray spectrometry takes advantage of the phenomenon that when a material is irradiated with a high energy electron beam, the sample will emit x-rays.
Gas Chromatography – Mass Spectroscopy (GCMS)
- GCMS is a hybrid instrument that uses gas chromatography to separate the components of a mixture and uses mass spectroscopy to identify the components
High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- HPLC is a form of chromatography that allows separation of complex mixtures based on slight differences in solubility between chemicals
- S&N Labs provides two types of thermal analysis – Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA) and Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Provides information on the molecular bonds of materials and is a complementary testing service to Fournier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
Secondary Ion Mass Spectroscopy (SIMS)
- An ideal way of analyzing the top molecular or atomic layer of a material. SIMS provides useful insights into surface adhesion, corrosion or contamination problems
S&N Labs' Company Information
About S&N Labs
- S&N Labs is on the forefront of organic and polymer material analyses for industrial, commercial, legal and personal applications
Lab Testing Equipment
- S&N Labs offers a full line of laboratory testing capabilities by utilizing Fornier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, Ultraviolet-Visible Spectrometry, Thermal Analysis, Surface Analysis and more
- Offering a variety of downloadable PDF forms including legal retention, testing request forms, curriculum vitae and summary brochure of our laboratory testing capabilities
- Complete directions to our lab testing facility located in Santa Ana, California
- Request information about our lab testing services or download legal retention forms or lab testing forms